The Collaborative Law conference will be held at the AT&T Conference Center in Austin. Rhonda Cleaves is the Course Director and Amy Lambert is the Assistant Course Director this year.
The keynote speaker for Thursday is Peter Robinson. Mr. Robinson is the Managing Director of the Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University and will be presenting advanced negotiation techniques for collaborative practitioners, including an interactive workshop.
The keynote speakers for Friday are our own Jennifer Leister and Carie Silvestri. Their special presentation includes video and process feedback from children of divorce. The parents of these children utilized different divorce processes: Collaborative divorce, mediation, and traditional litigation. We will learn directly from children how these different methods are impacting their lives and how what we are doing is truly making a difference.
Other wonderful speakers and their topics include:
- Aimee Pingenot Key: Creating and keeping team cohesion in the face of uncooperative or untrained team members
- Lisanne Glew, Honey Sheff, Kevin Pinckley: Couples and Money
- Julian Schwartz and Jolyn Wilkins: panel discussion on varying styles of collaborative practice around the state
- Angela Soper: Dealing with the Grandiose Client
- Becky Davenport: The Role of Forgiveness and Healing in a Healthy Co-parent Relationship
- Karen King and Suzanne Blake: Financial Best Practices in the Collaborative Process
- Lindley Bain and Keith Maples: Prenuptial, Cohabitation and other non-divorce agreements in the Collaborative Process
- Darcy Loveless: Drafting Creative Agreements in the Collaborative Process
- Kate Smith: Ethics of the Withdrawal Provision in Collaborative and “Cooperative” Cases
- Lisa Marquis and Carlos Salinas: Building our Collaborative Community
- Mike Benaglio: Ins and Outs of Business Valuations in the Collaborative Process
- Tim Crouch: Getting More Collaborative Divorce Cases
- Amy Lambert, Cristo Trusler, Graydon Trusler: Optional blog-writing workshop